Thursday, January 2, 2014

First Birthday Eve

Tomorrow is my daughters' first birthday! I can't believe Violet and Lily are going to be ONE! They are my sunshines and light up my life every day.

The last few days Ryan and I have been reflecting on our year and talking about what life was like for us a year ago. I was super-huge pregnant, and we were so excited and scared about our new adventure. A year ago, we didn't know what would happen after delivery since our little Violet's growth had slowed and we couldn't get a good reading on her cord or placenta. We were sure she'd be in the NICU and thought her twin sister, Lily, would be there too since they were coming a month early. We were worried we'd be leaving the hospital without them. After all the doctor appointments, non-stress tests, and ultrasounds we finally knew their birthday would be Thursday, January 3rd. I'd be having a cesarean delivery since Violet was breech and Lily was transverse. I've never had a surgery before and I was terrified. There were so many questions racing through my mind about how healthy they'd be, about the surgery and recovery, about how I was going to nurse and care for TWO babies! I didn't need to worry though. The delivery went smoothly and my girls were so strong and healthy that they didn't spend one minute in the NICU! Unbelievable! They weighed in at 4 lb. 11 oz. and 5 lb. 2 oz. Hearing their first cries changed my life. I became a mom! Me! A mom!

The past year has been incredible, overwhelming, exhausting, amazing, full of smiles and milestones, and most of all, full of so much love. I never thought I could be so happy! Tomorrow we celebrate your first birthday, my beautiful ladies!

One year ago! The day before their birthday. Whoa belly! I measured 43 weeks!

My first time holding Violet!
 
 My first time holding Lily!
 
Our first family photo! Daddy with Violet and Mama with Lily.
 
Lily and Violet, my beautiful sunshines!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment