Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Great sadness

My sweet cousin, Abi, has been battling brain cancer for over a year. Things were looking better, but then an MRI showed that the tumor was growing and spreading to other parts of her brain and her spine. After many chemo and radiation treatments, ups, downs, hopes and fears, Abi earned her angel wings this past Saturday morning. She will be greatly missed. It's hard to understand why this happens to a young girl, but I'm glad she no longer has to suffer and be in pain. That's just too much for a ten year old to bear. From Abi's diagnosis until now, I try not to, but can't help thinking of my own precious girls. I know I can't think about the "what ifs" and I need to focus on the fact that they are healthy and happy and growing. My heart aches for Abi's parents, grandmother (my great aunt), and her little sister. Even though I'm not religious, I strongly believe we will be with our loved ones after we die. As my friend said to me, "There's either nothing or there's something. If there's nothing, we won't know. If there's something, it's got to be good." I hope it's more than good for you, Abi. We miss you and love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment