Monday, July 8, 2013

Six month appointment

We took the girls to their six month well visit today! Violet weighs 10 lbs. 8 oz. and Lily weighs 10 lbs. 14 oz. They're getting taller too! Violet is 24 1/2 inches and Lily is 24 inches! They've gained weight since their last appointment, but apparently not enough. Their weight curves have leveled out a bit. So Dr. Cox said I need to supplement with formula or take some medicine to increase my milk supply. We decided to go with the meds because I worry my supply would drop even more if we gave them formula. She gave me a Rx for Domperidone which works better then Reglan, but isn't covered by insurance. One month supply is $90!!! At first I felt alright with the news that I'm not producing enough, but then I started to feel really guilty. Have they been hungry for two months? Was I taking them off too soon? No wonder I'd only get half of what I needed when I pumped at work. Luckily I had a stock in the freezer. Ryan talked to me and made me feel a lot better. I'm so glad I've been able to breast feed at all! It doesn't work out for some moms. We haven't had to buy formula either, so I really can't complain! The rest of their visit went well. They got their shots and cried just a little. They LOVE Sita and Dr. Cox. They smile, smile, smile for them. We talked a little bit about baby-proofing (ah!) and starting solids. Dr. Cox said to give them avocado every day because it has those healthy fats and should also help them gain weight. We've already had success with avocado and bananas so that should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment